He Wants To Go Back To School

Dear friends,

This note was written by me on Oct 14th last year. Adik Shaidie telah kembali ke Rahmatullah pada 11 Mei 2010.

To all who have helped through out the project, the parents said thank you.

May Allah SWT bless you.

Al Fatihah to Allahyarham Mohamad Abdullah Shaidie Ashari.


take care,
Davie



I have never met him in person. However, when my friend told me about his condition, this is what I told her.." I do not know how the result will be.. but insyaAllah... kita cuba ". After a few phone calls and sms with the father, I am very sure to post about it.

Adik Mohamad Abdullah Shaidie Ashari is a 17 years old active boy. He loves football. The bone cancer that he has right now was diagnosed during one of the selections to play for Kelantan.

His plight was published in Berita Harian and New Straits Times. Yet, the fund collected is not enough. As at yesterday ( 13th October 2009 ) evening, he is still short of RM22,000.

Below is the article that was published in NST ( 07/10/2009 )

RM34,000 needed for knee implant

2009/10/07

KOTA BARU: At 17 years old, Mohamad Abdullah Shaidie Ashari has had to put his life on hold, stopping his Form Five studies at Sekolah Menengah Arab Saniah and skipping the Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) examinations.

He was diagnosed with bone cancer after a fall during a football match last year, and at the end of this month he must undergo a RM34,000 knee implant operation at Universiti Sains Malaysia Hospital (HUSM) in Kubang Kerian.

The plucky lad is already looking to the future.

"I miss my friends and teachers and I'm looking forward to going back to school. I want to form a study group with my friends so I can sit the SPM next year," he said.

But the immediate hurdle is that his parents cannot raise the money to pay for his surgery.

His father, mechanic Ashaari Abdul Rahman, earns only RM600 a month. And his mother, Ramlah Hassan, stays at home to look after him and his four siblings who are all still schooling.

"I hope generous Malaysians can help pay for my operation so I can go back to school," said Abdullah.

If you wish to help Abdullah, send a cheque payable to the New Straits Times Press (M) Bhd with his name written on the back to The Cashier, Finance Department/Charity Unit, The New Straits Times Press (M) Bhd, Balai Berita, 31 Jalan Riong, 59100 Kuala Lumpur.


Please be informed, I am only spreading the news. ALL DONATIONS MUST LIAISE WITH NSTP

Thank you so much for reading this.. May Allah bless you...

0 comments: